It is going to be very hot the coming week in The Netherlands and since I have a flat roof it will definitely become hot in my house as well. So, I like to limit the amount of cooking and baking to keep cool. It is even better if the dish self is refreshing…
Ingredients for two servings
- 1 large cucumber (300 gr)
- 30 gr almonds (I use blanched almonds)
- 20 gr cashews
- 3 stems of fresh basil leaves (around 15 leaves)
- 30 ml of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 glove of garlic
- Salt & pepper for taste
- Soak the cashews and blend them into a smooth paste with a little water. Make sure there is enough water to get it running. (I usually make sure that the cashews are covered with water and that works for my blender)
- Add the cucumber, almonds, creme of the cashew, basil, lemon juice, miso paste, maple syrup and garlic to a smooth consistency in a food processor.
- Add a little water if you think it is to thick.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to your liking!
- Add some additional chopped cucumber and fresh basil as toppings for some crunch if you like!