White beans can be used for a creamy vegan snack, sandwich spread, or appetizer that is so flavorful and easy to throw together! Make this recipe for your next party or eat it all yourself as a midday snack.
- 200 gr white beans
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 stems parsley (fresh)
- 2 garlic gloves
- salt & pepper
How to prepare
- Soak the white beans for a few hours before cooking them soft. This will take around 40-45 minutes. If you use canned beans, make sure to drain, rinse and dry.
- Add the beans to a food processor, together with the lemon juice, olive oil, gloves of garlic and parsley stems and mix until smooth. If necessary add a splash of water or some additional oil.
- Bring to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with vegetables, bread or crackers.
- To be honest, you can use any kind of herb or herb mix. Some ideas would be fresh dill or rosemary.
- My absolute favorite vegetable to serve this with radish! But to make it more colorful, I serve this with bell pepper, celery, carrot. You could also add cucumbers and cherry tomatoes.