I usually go to a smoothie bar in my home time with friends. The vegan options are limited and this inspired me to create one myself!
I like to have this as a ‘snack’ in between meals or as a cold desert in the evening. You can also eat this as your breakfast if you would like!
- 150 gr frozen banana
- 75 ml coconut milk
- 100 ml water
- 25 gr pitted dates (3 dates)
- 1 tbsp vegan protein (I use soy protein)
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hulled hemp seeds
- 1 dash of vanilla extract
- Freeze 150 gram banana (which is around one and a half banana).
- Add the frozen banana and the additional ingredients to a blender. Make sure that your blender is strong enough to blend ice.
- Blend until smooth. Test to see if it has your preferred texture/thickness, you can always add a splash water if desired.
- Pour into a nice glass, add some toppings and make sure to use a reusable straw.
- If you make this for breakfast, I suggest you to add some oats to make it more nutritious. However, you might need to add some additional water or coconut milk.
- I use coconut milk with a high percentage of fat, which gives it a creamy and soft texture. However, if you have a coconut milk with a lower percentage (below 10%), I suggest to substitute the water with a plant-based milk to make sure the milkshake is still creamy!
- I use and recommend a flavorless protein powder. However, you can also use a banana or vanille flavor if you have this at home!